Vanthali Memon Community is consist of those people who were the residents of village “VANTHALI” in the Indian state of “JUNAGADH” and its suburb before partition, and after Independence, migrated to Pakistan and now their majority is living in Karachi.
After migration, the elders of the community like
Haji Ali Muhammad Abdul-Rehman Vakil,
Haji Habib Wali Muhammad Lania,
Ahmed Suleman Essani,
Abdul Ghaffar Qasim Batvia,
Haji Muhammad Usman Durwesh,
Muhammad Haroon Tayyab Munda
were met for the sake of community’s unity, welfare and to resolve their social issues by mutual consent and consensus they formed an organization in 1952 by the name of “Vanthali Memon Jamat” in October 1955 it was given a legal states and under registration in Karachi.
Now which is known as “Vanthali Memon Association” since then VMA is working for the welfare and prosperity of the Vanthali Community, and as all because of sincerity, generosity and selfless efforts of our (late) elders. We pray tribute to them and pray to “ALLAH” for their “MAGHFIRAT”
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF VMA
- To promote unity, love & brotherhood among the people of Vanthali community.
- To provide financial support for education to all students (boys & girls) of the community.
- To provide financial help and assistance to all the poor and needy people of the community without any discrimination.
- To provide financial support to the poor and homeless people for their homes.
- To root out all un-Islamic customs and fraditions, promote simplicity, and discourage showing off and wastage of money in wedding ceremonies.
- To solve the domestic disputes amicably